Nearly forty million Americans are affected with rheumatoid or osteoarthritis which are two of the most common arthritis types. Arthritis is characterized by pain, swelling, stiffness, deformity and lack of mobility.
Let us throw some light on the two most common types of arthritis rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. We will look in detail as to the reasons and the preventive measures to be taken by patients who are affected.
· Osteoarthritis is damage of the articular cartilage, which is caused due to rubbing of joints against one another. It mostly occurs in the knee, arm, shoulder and spine.
Any previous injury, stress or natural defect in the protein of the cartilage causes osteoarthritis.
· Rheumatoid involves the entire body and the symptoms patients experience are swelling, fever, anemia, weight loss, fatigue, severe pain and stiffness.
The bones fuse together resulting in loss of mobility and stiffness. The causes for this could be malnutrition, rich fat diet, stress or allergies.
Rheumatoid arthritis is supposed to be caused by metabolic disturbance or autoimmune disorder but the exact reason is still been researched and debated.
The usual and widely practiced treatment of arthritis involves nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAID such as aspirin has short term benefits. They also cause side effects such as abdominal pain, allergic reactions, dizziness, headache, vomiting, gastrointestinal bleeding, stomach ulcers, fluid retention, liver and kidney damage.
People are scared to use the conventional medicines and millions of them are turning towards natural and alternative forms of medicine for arthritis treatment.
There are many natural homeopathic remedies that are used to control the pain and swelling. A few of these very popular ones are listed below:
· Arnicais useful for the treatment of rheumatism. The joints become swollen, hard and mobility is affected. Arnica reduces the swelling and pain.
· Bryonia is prescribed when the arthritis condition becomes quite acute and the patient is advised rest and massage to relieve the inflammation.
· Rhus Toxis advised when there is a lot of pain and movement becomes limited.
· Rutais used to treat osteoarthritis and it reduces the soreness of the joints.
· Causticumis prescribed for chronic rheumatoid arthritis which at times even leads to deformity.
· Nux VomicaIn certain cases build -up of toxins in the system causes arthritis and it is treated with this natural arthritis homeopathic medicine.